I just burned the Knoppix DVD and booted my system. The desktop comes up and looks nice, but the O/S is apparently not recognizing some of my components. It doesn't seem to see my sound card, and the config routine gave me an error when I tried to get it to register. Similarly, no joy with the network connection. It took some work to get my network connection going under openSUSE (had to revert to an earlier driver) so I was not too surprised. However, I gather from looking through the FAQ and other posts that my hard drive should have shown up on the desktop. In any of the tools I could find to show me the system, only the floppy drive and the DVD on which Knoppix is installed show up. No hard drive - no partitions. Obviously, this is a severe limitation... Maybe I'm just totally missing something. Is there something I can do at boot time (or subsequently) to have the system find my drive? There are 4 partitions on the drive (Vista NTFS and 3 ext3 partitions for SUSE (swap, boot, home)).
Thanks
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F7)
E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.2Ghz)
SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-15 (T800UX4GC5)
Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD
EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU
Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.0.4)

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00