I just burned the Knoppix DVD and booted my system. The desktop comes up and looks nice, but the O/S is apparently not recognizing some of my components. It doesn't seem to see my sound card, and the config routine gave me an error when I tried to get it to register. Similarly, no joy with the network connection. It took some work to get my network connection going under openSUSE (had to revert to an earlier driver) so I was not too surprised. However, I gather from looking through the FAQ and other posts that my hard drive should have shown up on the desktop. In any of the tools I could find to show me the system, only the floppy drive and the DVD on which Knoppix is installed show up. No hard drive - no partitions. Obviously, this is a severe limitation... Maybe I'm just totally missing something. Is there something I can do at boot time (or subsequently) to have the system find my drive? There are 4 partitions on the drive (Vista NTFS and 3 ext3 partitions for SUSE (swap, boot, home)).
Thanks
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F7)
E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.2Ghz)
SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-15 (T800UX4GC5)
Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD
EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU
Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.0.4)

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable
$155.00
Atari 1030 Modem, Adapter, 13-Pin S10 I/O Data Cables, Manual (attached).
$95.50
Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97
Vintage Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive w/Power Adapter & Data Cable (WORKS)
$139.95
ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75
Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box
$200.00