-
Is "more" broken on knoppix?
I was using the command prompt with knoppix, because I like to boot into command prompt only with "knoppix 2".
In using the "more" program, it seems to drop out after displaying the first screen only, which doesn't seem to be the proper behavior.
For example "man more | more" will only give me the first screenful and then drop out.
"more somefile" will only show me the first screenful of somefile.
Yes, I know that less is better than more but I guess I'm hardwired to type "more".
I'm wondering if "more" is broken in general, or just broken in this version of knoppix 5.1.
Similar Threads
-
By benny_mott in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2006, 10:11 PM
-
By fischer in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-09-2006, 11:58 AM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
-
By Boolean in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 08:18 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99

Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00