-
USB: "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry." Worka
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell...
Additional builtin commands available: cat, mount, umount, insmod, rmmod, lsmod.
This is what I see on the screen. I have two questions:
1. minux clearly sees the boot device, since it has gotten this far. Why then can't it see KNOPPIX? I have seen this message before from a CD. I reburned the CD, and the message went away. Now, I've bought Knoppix Hacks 2nd edition, and I've installed Knoppix on a USB using Hack #120. The BIOS finds it, and boots from it. It then reports "Scanning for USB/?Firewire devices ... Done." so it appears to find the USB. Nevertheless, it doesn't find the KNOPPIX file system. How can I get it to find the filesystem? It is now on read-write media, so I can edit files, as necessary.
2. What can I do in this "(very limited) shell"? I have found that ls and mkdir are not available; therefore, I cannot even determine what file structure is present, and I cannot create a mount point. I know the correct device (from a running live CD) is /dev/sdc1. Where can I mount it, and what command can I execute to continue the bootup after mounting it?
Thanks!
P.S. A search on "shell" does not bring up anything relevant, and I haven't seen anything in the FAQs, the KNOPPIX Pocket Reference, or KNOPPIX Hacks that mentions what to do when this error message is displayed.
Similar Threads
-
By thomania in forum German Forum
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-21-2009, 10:14 PM
-
By ngc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-28-2008, 12:37 PM
-
By yosibeck in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-26-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By redss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 05:11 AM
-
By lothario in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage NRI Model 832 Microcomputer Case - See Photos
$295.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard
$79.00

Vintage Clear M6531 Apple Pro Speakers by Harman Kardon For iMac G4
$59.45

Lot 15 Vintage ISA Controller Cards IDE MFM RLL Winchester Floppy I/O PC XT AT
$179.95

VINTAGE Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Manual CD-ROM SGML / Windows PC RARE
$49.95

15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT
$149.95

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00