-
Boots to desktop, but no icons
Ok. I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but I just can't get anywhere. md5 is good. Burn was done slow and verified with Nero. CD passes testcd.
When I run the normal boot-up with no cheat codes, everything works fine and it boots to the GUI desktop and the mouse cursor works, but then nothing else happens. I'm stuck at the desktop with a moving mouse, a background picture, and no icons.
I tried the failsafe command and it did boot OK. So, can anyone help me figure out how to get this working outside of failsafe? I can't figure out what could be causing the boot to hang at the desktop.
-
I have this exact same issue when trying to boot Knoppix 5.0.1 liveCD on a Dell Latitude D620
Background loads, mouse loads, mouse moves.
No Icons, no taskbar, no key combinations work to bring up a shell or another menu or anything.
Any thoughts on what else to do would be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By Pacas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-27-2008, 09:51 AM
-
By michael7 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2005, 05:26 AM
-
By oldgeezer in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By kmacandie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By skyconcert in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2002, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$299.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor - Tested
$180.00

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99