Hey there,

Your reply is very much appreciated!

I have tried to fix the mbr with the windows recovery console, tried a plethora of commands to no avail.

I have also tried to use testdisk to fix it, but that didn't do anything either. Maybe i have installed it on an extended partition, and maybe thats the problem. The active partition is set correctly, gpart says so itself.

The disk im trying to copy my data to is fat32, i can mount it and everything, but when i try to copy my files onto it it says that i do not have the write permissions even though i changed them!

About FTP, won't that take ages to send the data over? what other options do i have? I need to extract about 100GB of data.

Lol, when computers go wrong, they really do don't they

As always, your help is appreciated

Thanks