Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Need help with lynksys wireless g usb and knoppix auditor

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9
    Well the one thing, if I dont change the 26 character hex more than once a week, i find a fourth machine in my network. And that is of course when I check. This hasnt been a problem in the past, but I am in an apartment bldg and new tenants move in all the time. So a recent move in is most likely the culpret.
    I was even thinking of placing a 'bad' file in my shared folder labeled passwords. I dont think they would be amused I still have a copy of C.I.A by Cruel Intentionz kicking around on a backup disk somewhere.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9
    Okay, n00b alert! I just burned the iso for BT3. How do you start the program? I logged in as root, and it told me of 3 options, the only one that looked promising was startx. But im getting [cannot run framebuffer mode. please specify busID's] & errno 104 [unable to connect to x server]. Is this a corrupt download of am I missing something here?

  3. #13
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    It's been a while since I've run BT3. No idea if you have a bad download (wasn't there an md5 on the download page?). There are other ways to screw things up also, like burning fast. But I seem to remember that I ran a lot of stuff at the command prompt, but also was able to start a GUI I'm fight with several other things that I need to do right now, but may play with BT3 later and see if that doesn't refresh my memory. However, i would suggest visiting their website, reading any docs, and generally experimenting rather than waiting for me.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9
    What is the md5? I think it was a bad download, or burning across the network.. I used nero 7 premium and slowed it fown + data verification. Ahh well I will have to try again.

  5. #15
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    the md5 is a simple test that you can run to be certain that you have a good download. Remote Exploit does indeed post the md5 that you should get on the download page. See our site's downloading faq for more details (find it through the documentation link near the top of this page). Or put md5 in Google and search.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9
    Anyone know of a sure bet as far as wifi cards go for desktops that will work with knoppix? I give up! I even tried my little sisters laptop with a broadcom and still no luck. If I can find a card that works I will just get one and install.

    Thanks again

    Seedling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 08:14 AM
  2. auditor knoppix ma401 monitor mode problem
    By scriptkidd in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 02:57 AM
  3. Auditor wlan0 Config
    By Jynx512 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 09:55 AM
  4. VMWare 4 and Knoppix / Auditor
    By Joao in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 11:12 AM
  5. Installing Intel 2200BG Wireless Card in Auditor...
    By kasman21 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 08:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested  picture

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested

$69.99



Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000 picture

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000

$40.00



ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C picture

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C

$45.00



Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested picture

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested

$999.99



Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000 picture

Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000

$599.99



A500 512KB RAM Memory Card with (Built-In) Real Time Clock - New by Amiga-Kit picture

A500 512KB RAM Memory Card with (Built-In) Real Time Clock - New by Amiga-Kit

$43.00



BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC

$52.99



Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working picture

Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working

$599.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore Amiga 1000 Original Angled Tank Mouse Ultrasonically Cleaned Nice picture

Commodore Amiga 1000 Original Angled Tank Mouse Ultrasonically Cleaned Nice

$299.99