-
Well the one thing, if I dont change the 26 character hex more than once a week, i find a fourth machine in my network. And that is of course when I check. This hasnt been a problem in the past, but I am in an apartment bldg and new tenants move in all the time. So a recent move in is most likely the culpret.
I was even thinking of placing a 'bad' file in my shared folder labeled passwords. I dont think they would be amused
I still have a copy of C.I.A by Cruel Intentionz kicking around on a backup disk somewhere.
-
Okay, n00b alert! I just burned the iso for BT3. How do you start the program? I logged in as root, and it told me of 3 options, the only one that looked promising was startx. But im getting [cannot run framebuffer mode. please specify busID's] & errno 104 [unable to connect to x server]. Is this a corrupt download of am I missing something here?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
It's been a while since I've run BT3. No idea if you have a bad download (wasn't there an md5 on the download page?). There are other ways to screw things up also, like burning fast. But I seem to remember that I ran a lot of stuff at the command prompt, but also was able to start a GUI I'm fight with several other things that I need to do right now, but may play with BT3 later and see if that doesn't refresh my memory. However, i would suggest visiting their website, reading any docs, and generally experimenting rather than waiting for me.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
What is the md5? I think it was a bad download, or burning across the network.. I used nero 7 premium and slowed it fown + data verification. Ahh well I will have to try again.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
the md5 is a simple test that you can run to be certain that you have a good download. Remote Exploit does indeed post the md5 that you should get on the download page. See our site's downloading faq for more details (find it through the documentation link near the top of this page). Or put md5 in Google and search.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Anyone know of a sure bet as far as wifi cards go for desktops that will work with knoppix? I give up! I even tried my little sisters laptop with a broadcom and still no luck. If I can find a card that works I will just get one and install.
Thanks again
Seedling.
Similar Threads
-
By Israel in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2006, 08:14 AM
-
By scriptkidd in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-16-2006, 02:57 AM
-
By Jynx512 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 09:55 AM
-
By Joao in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 11:12 AM
-
By kasman21 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 08:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90