Hi All,
I have 3 PCs on my Windows network with the network name of workgroup. 2 of them are running XP and can see shared directories on each. The third is running Knoppix 5.1.1. I have started Samba server and can access the Knoppix PC from the XP environment.
However when I try to access smb://workgroup Konqueror times out. When I put smb://192.168.0.2 then I get straight onto my XP machine and can access the shares on it. It would appear that Knoppix needs to be told where to find the name resolution.
Can anybody help.
Thanks
Colin

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens
$249.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
USED - Intel Core i7-13700 SRMBA 2.10GHz 30M 16-Core Socket 1700 CPU Processor
$250.00
Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79