-

Originally Posted by
eadz

Originally Posted by
kbreen
He could then build his farm with one knoppix CD.
...
He can do that already with knoppix terminal server.
Thanks for that. I hadn't thought of doing it that way.
But I think the small RAM version of Knoppix might be slightly better for building a very temporary seti farm (perhaps just running for the evening).
I would want the original owner of a seti farm PC just to be able to reboot their machine back into windows when they want it (when they turn up for work at 9am).
I understand that if Terminal Server (TS) is used, (assuming the TS is still running on the network), you would need to turn off the "boot from network card" in the BIOS before the owner could get back into windows with a reboot. (Not much hassle, but still a hassle).
Is what I've said correct? I've never used the Knoppix TS before (I dont have the machines right now to give it a try).
Similar Threads
-
By Jameson in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 07:30 AM
-
By turbines in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 01:26 AM
-
By dmedici in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-19-2003, 06:00 AM
-
By monkeyman in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 03:02 AM
-
By webpromo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00