-
Networking cards not supported
I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 with broadcom 440x ethernet card and intel pro/wireless 2200BG card.
I have several threads mention the broadcom card is not supported by knoppix.
I have seen some other entry somewhere saying the intel card does not work in certain cases.
I have successfully booted knoppix (knoppix-std actually, running knoppix v3.2 I think) and can ping the 127.0.0.1 loopback.
When I run netcardconfig it says my cards are not supported.
I tried ndiswrapper and it says the wireless driver is not supported.
Am I just up the creek without a paddle on this particular laptop? I.e both my ethernet and wireless card are unsupported?
Thanks Lauren
Similar Threads
-
By aebp in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:21 AM
-
By gonzalezmfrank in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-24-2005, 01:28 PM
-
By MattNooB in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 12:26 AM
-
By ShavedHawk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 04:13 AM
-
By Angryguy in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 01:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

Sophos SG 115 rev.3 Firewall Security Appliance SG1153BAEUS + OPNsense
$85.00

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99