-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Lauren2008
I am not running a vanilla knoppix live CD. Rather, the knoppix-std version.
Knoppix-std isn't Knoppix, it's a very very old and outdated Live CD based on an old version of Knoppix, if I remember right it was supposedly intended for a focus on network security. I haven't seen an update in years.
If you want a security oriented live CD, I suggest looking at Backtrack 3. It may well support your wireless device and certainly should support your wired connection.
If you just want a small Live Linux distro, I suggest looking at Puppy Linux. Puppy is small, but has much better wifi support than Knoppix. It might support your wifi device and again I expect it will support your wired NIC.
If you want Knoppix, then use Knoppix, not something else that included Knoppix in the name. The newer versions are very likely to support your wired device, but I have very low expectations of support for wifi devices in any 5.x Knopix release.
Similar Threads
-
By aebp in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:21 AM
-
By gonzalezmfrank in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-24-2005, 01:28 PM
-
By MattNooB in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 12:26 AM
-
By ShavedHawk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 04:13 AM
-
By Angryguy in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 01:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals
$450.00

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Vintage StuffIt Deluxe Mac Software Box SEALED NEW Macintosh Aladdin Systems
$40.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck
$99.99

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage Apple Mac OS X Public Beta Complete Box Set CIB 2000 Kodiak pristine CD
$28.00