-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Samba Server

Originally Posted by
MAiN_PRoToCoL
I'm a noob. Completly new to Knoppix
So I download the latest DVD, start-up with it from your everyday PC.
My problem is when I click the "start samba server" from the clicking the little penquin guy and then services, it ask me to create password for the user knoppix. So no big deal, i use 123 as a password and normally i would say share all with read and write. well the problem is that it is not taking that 123 password or a blank password or anything. that damn dialog box just keep looping betweeen setting the password and confirming it and it wont go away.
what the deal?
Thanks
I believe you are using the knoppix 5.3 version. I only have 5.1.1 and I try it with your case, I use 123 as password, knoppix accepted it and ask me once again to confirm. After I re-enter it, it asks me if I want all harddisks to be read and write. I click on the OK and the program ended gracefully.
I do not have 5.3 myself so I cannot test it. Well 4+ GB download is not fun for me and I am not going to do it until they have the CD version coming up.
So anyone out there tried the knoppix 5.3 Samba server?
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By sirpj in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-22-2007, 02:39 AM
-
By bleckie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-17-2005, 01:03 PM
-
By venom_zx in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 01:41 AM
-
By charliet in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 06:50 PM
-
By npyang in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 04:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Apple Mac Pro (A1186, "8Core" 2007)Xeon X5365-4GB Ram 1TB HDD OS XLeopard NVIDIA
$274.99

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 8th Gen: Core i7-10510U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, WIn 11 Pro
$299.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99

SRF8X Intel Xeon Gold 6240 18 Core 2.60GHz 24.75MB 150W Processor CPU
$19.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$398.00

8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor, High Performance CPU for Gaming & W
$396.99

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21