-
PS/2 Mouse Not Detected in 5.1.1
Hi,
I have an old Compaq Presario PC with a Gigabyte GA-55M motherboard. With Knoppix 4.0.2 it boots and runs fine. With Knoppix 5.1.1, it boots and runs, but the PS/2 mouse does not work. I have tried a Logitec wireless mouse and a Dell wired mouse. I believe the problem is in the hwsetup program in /sbin. There is no /etc/sysconfig/mouse file, and no 'PS/2 mouse detected' (or something like that) on the boot screen. I would like to get 5.1.1 or later working on that PC.
So my questions are: Is it possible for me to make a new cd and just swap out the hwsetup of 5.1.1 with the one from 4.0.2? Or do I have to change the specific mouse detection in the hwsetup.c and recompile and swap that out? If I have to modify the hwsetup.c, where does it reside, is it on the CD, or somewhere on the website?
By the way, I have seen that 5.3 is out, but I have not seen it on any of the mirrors. Is it a DVD only, and not CD?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Kontagious in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2006, 05:27 AM
-
By Shadda in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 09:14 PM
-
By keokeo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 12:15 AM
-
By kim in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:12 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 06:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore VIC-20 Dead Test Rom - USA seller
$19.99

Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ
$129.00

Commodore 16 C16 Computer Matching Serial Box Tutor Cartridge Tested Workong
$174.99

Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung
$297.98

Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller
$17.99

Commodore 1702 Monitor Tested
$399.99

Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply
$169.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Vintage GE TXP-8100 Letter Quality Printer – Original Box – Atari Commodore
$89.00