Quote Originally Posted by cli168
I have windows XP connected the internet by wireless. Can I share its internet connection with a network cable?
If yes, how? Thanks.
I take it that you have XP on the wireless connection and want to keep it that way (which is a good think since Knoppix wireless support is pretty poor). It's not obvious why you don't just plug that ethernet cable into the router or access point, but lets assume there is some good reason that you didn't mention. Then your question is really not a Linux question, it's an XP question. Yea, you should be able to configure XP for connection sharing, although Microsoft's record of playing well with others in this area isn't great (I expect you'll see a pretty serious performance hit that really shouldn't be there and indeed might just be artificially and deliberately induced). As far a the Linux side is concerned, if the upstream box that you are connecting to does a DHCP handshake properly, there should be no need to do anything on the Linux side at all, it will just work.