Hi,
I have an old Compaq Presario PC with a Gigabyte GA-55M motherboard. With Knoppix 4.0.2 it boots and runs fine. With Knoppix 5.1.1, it boots and runs, but the PS/2 mouse does not work. I have tried a Logitec wireless mouse and a Dell wired mouse. I believe the problem is in the hwsetup program in /sbin. There is no /etc/sysconfig/mouse file, and no 'PS/2 mouse detected' (or something like that) on the boot screen. I would like to get 5.1.1 or later working on that PC.
So my questions are: Is it possible for me to make a new cd and just swap out the hwsetup of 5.1.1 with the one from 4.0.2? Or do I have to change the specific mouse detection in the hwsetup.c and recompile and swap that out? If I have to modify the hwsetup.c, where does it reside, is it on the CD, or somewhere on the website?
By the way, I have seen that 5.3 is out, but I have not seen it on any of the mirrors. Is it a DVD only, and not CD?
Thanks

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$379.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$209.98
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00