-
2wire PCMIA Card
Hey guys! I'm booting Knoppix from the Live CD, and I love it. All I need to do is configure my wireless internet.
I really have no idea where to begin on this. What info should I give so someone can help me?
Thanks so much!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: 2wire PCMIA Card

Originally Posted by
thebeesknees
Hey guys! I'm booting Knoppix from the Live CD, and I love it. All I need to do is configure my wireless internet.
I really have no idea where to begin on this. What info should I give so someone can help me?
Thanks so much!
1. Connect to your wireless router via wired connection, do all the setup from the web browser (i.e. ESSID, channel etc) better not applying any WPA nor WEP at the beginning. You can add those on when you have the wireless connection running successfully.
2. If Knoppix knows your wireless hardware, from the K-Menu ==> Internet ==> Kwlan Wireless Lan Manager ==> New ==> Fill in the form ==> Scan and you should see the wireless network.
3. If this does not work, which is not unusual, then try to see if the ndiswrapper method help.
Check out http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ FAQ Q2 and Q3.
Also would you mind to let us know the result with your hardware info so other users can benefit from it. No matter it works or not working.
Rgds,
Chip
-
I don't have an ethernet cable right now, so I'll let you know when I get that.
Similar Threads
-
By Billyman3 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-02-2007, 04:12 PM
-
By mgirdwood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-14-2007, 02:21 PM
-
By clevtoolmaker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2006, 10:54 PM
-
By kbates666 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2005, 01:47 AM
-
By mkaptein in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99