Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 2wire PCMIA Card

  1. #1

    2wire PCMIA Card

    Hey guys! I'm booting Knoppix from the Live CD, and I love it. All I need to do is configure my wireless internet.

    I really have no idea where to begin on this. What info should I give so someone can help me?

    Thanks so much!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: 2wire PCMIA Card

    Quote Originally Posted by thebeesknees
    Hey guys! I'm booting Knoppix from the Live CD, and I love it. All I need to do is configure my wireless internet.

    I really have no idea where to begin on this. What info should I give so someone can help me?

    Thanks so much!
    1. Connect to your wireless router via wired connection, do all the setup from the web browser (i.e. ESSID, channel etc) better not applying any WPA nor WEP at the beginning. You can add those on when you have the wireless connection running successfully.

    2. If Knoppix knows your wireless hardware, from the K-Menu ==> Internet ==> Kwlan Wireless Lan Manager ==> New ==> Fill in the form ==> Scan and you should see the wireless network.

    3. If this does not work, which is not unusual, then try to see if the ndiswrapper method help.

    Check out http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ FAQ Q2 and Q3.

    Also would you mind to let us know the result with your hardware info so other users can benefit from it. No matter it works or not working.

    Rgds,
    Chip

  3. #3
    I don't have an ethernet cable right now, so I'll let you know when I get that.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 04:12 PM
  2. Knoppix boot problem PCMIA - total newbie
    By mgirdwood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 02:21 PM
  3. At tips on getting my pcmia wireless card to work
    By clevtoolmaker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 10:54 PM
  4. USB 2wire PC Port
    By kbates666 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 01:47 AM
  5. Need networking help for 2wire USB Dsl Knoppix 3.7
    By mkaptein in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y picture

Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y

$699.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30* picture

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*

$785.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 240-Pin DIMM picture

Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 240-Pin DIMM

$145.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00