-
What to download at Knoppix.org
Hello!
I am completely new to Linux.When I went to Linux.org, I was directed knoppix.org as a starting point.I wanted to download from their but then I saw that English forums are here and there were so many files I did not know what file to download or whether I have to download all and after that and so on. so I came to knoppix.net.At the moment I am downloading Knoppix 5.3.1.What I want to know is what were those lots of files to download at knoppix.org?
Do we have to download all the files?If so after that what has to be done?
I may sound silly to you But I am a beginner in Linux
Thanks Varuna
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
1) Near the top of this page there are some links. Start with the one marked Documantation. this will take you to our wiki. If you only read one thing here, read the Downloading FAQ. Read it all. It covers a lot of common errors that beginners make.
2) Once you have read that, you are ready to download. I very strongly suggest that you use a BitTorrent client and not one of the mirrors. The mirrors tend to give me bad downloads about 50% of the time. Even if you have not used BitTorrent before, it will be much faster to take just a few minutes to learn to set up BitTorrent on your system and then use it than it will be to use a mirror, and the results have a much better chance of being good. Look back up at the top of this page. Right before the Documentation link is one marked Get Knoppix. Click on that to get started.
-
One other thing that is very important, is that the .iso file ending in -DE is German, the one with -EN is English. Also, the DVD and CD are self-explanatory.
When you burn your file to CD or DVD, burn as an ISO image. This should be an option is your CD burning software. I use DeepBurner, and it's the first question that pops up. I am not familiar with other CD burning software.
When you click on the Get Knoppix link, you will see a Knoppix BitTorrent Tracker link. That will lead you to a short list of files, and you can select from there.
Similar Threads
-
By andy1027 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
-
By wiwerion in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2006, 04:59 AM
-
By rvs in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:39 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:58 AM
-
By saravanan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 05:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" (WDS500G2B0A) SSD
$43.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$41.99

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia
$16.59

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD V-NAND MZ-77E500
$85.00

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60