Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What to download at Knoppix.org

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1

    What to download at Knoppix.org

    Hello!
    I am completely new to Linux.When I went to Linux.org, I was directed knoppix.org as a starting point.I wanted to download from their but then I saw that English forums are here and there were so many files I did not know what file to download or whether I have to download all and after that and so on. so I came to knoppix.net.At the moment I am downloading Knoppix 5.3.1.What I want to know is what were those lots of files to download at knoppix.org?
    Do we have to download all the files?If so after that what has to be done?
    I may sound silly to you But I am a beginner in Linux

    Thanks Varuna

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    1) Near the top of this page there are some links. Start with the one marked Documantation. this will take you to our wiki. If you only read one thing here, read the Downloading FAQ. Read it all. It covers a lot of common errors that beginners make.

    2) Once you have read that, you are ready to download. I very strongly suggest that you use a BitTorrent client and not one of the mirrors. The mirrors tend to give me bad downloads about 50% of the time. Even if you have not used BitTorrent before, it will be much faster to take just a few minutes to learn to set up BitTorrent on your system and then use it than it will be to use a mirror, and the results have a much better chance of being good. Look back up at the top of this page. Right before the Documentation link is one marked Get Knoppix. Click on that to get started.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    One other thing that is very important, is that the .iso file ending in -DE is German, the one with -EN is English. Also, the DVD and CD are self-explanatory.

    When you burn your file to CD or DVD, burn as an ISO image. This should be an option is your CD burning software. I use DeepBurner, and it's the first question that pops up. I am not familiar with other CD burning software.

    When you click on the Get Knoppix link, you will see a Knoppix BitTorrent Tracker link. That will lead you to a short list of files, and you can select from there.

Similar Threads

  1. Where do i download knoppix 5.2
    By andy1027 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
  2. Knoppix download
    By wiwerion in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 04:59 AM
  3. Download KNOPPIX 2.78
    By rvs in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:39 PM
  4. Where can I download Knoppix DVD?
    By Nils_ in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:58 AM
  5. KNOPPIX 3.1 where to download
    By saravanan in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 05:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple iBook G3 Clamshell 300MHz 160MB 3GB CD Tangerine Vintage Mac w/ Box picture

Apple iBook G3 Clamshell 300MHz 160MB 3GB CD Tangerine Vintage Mac w/ Box

$643.08



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Apple iBook G4 A1054 1.07GHz PowerPC G4 256MB RAM Mac OS X 10.4.11 picture

Apple iBook G4 A1054 1.07GHz PowerPC G4 256MB RAM Mac OS X 10.4.11

$52.47



Assorted Vintage Lot of Apple Macintosh items picture

Assorted Vintage Lot of Apple Macintosh items

$100.00



Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube M7886 2000 450MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD picture

Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube M7886 2000 450MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD

$299.99



185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$90.00



Vintage MAC Data Desk 101E Model 1069 Keyboard QWERTY Bundle with Box picture

Vintage MAC Data Desk 101E Model 1069 Keyboard QWERTY Bundle with Box

$99.99



Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage picture

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage

$224.10



Vintage Apple M7886 Power Mac G4 Cube 450MHz 64MB 20GB picture

Vintage Apple M7886 Power Mac G4 Cube 450MHz 64MB 20GB

$299.99