-
VNC - Linux server & Windows viewer - HowTo please?
I am seeking a very simple, step-by-step set of instructions on how to set up VNC.
I want to be able to boot my Linux PC using the Knoppix v5.01 CD, start a vncserver session and then go to my Windows PC and run the RealVNC Viewer v4.1.3. I have searched about for the instructions on how to do this but I only find vague references to the setup. I have tried following the brief commands offered but I still am unable to connect to the Linux PC from the Windows PC.
My environment is a very simple two PC setup with a hub between them.
Can someone please provide to me or direct me to very detailed instructions that are from the beginning to the end of this process? Please walk me through the setup first before trying to debug what my current configuration may be.
Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By subzero27 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2007, 07:07 PM
-
By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 01:57 AM
-
By mementomike in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 10:54 AM
-
By mikekgr in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-18-2003, 12:43 AM
-
By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2003, 05:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00