Up! Nobody can help me?![]()
Hello all,
when Knoppix starts up it says "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell"...
I've already checked the iso md5sum and the md5sum of all the files on the CD against the KNOPPIX\md5sums in the iso file.
I've burnt Knoppix on a CD-R at a 4x speed.
I looked for a solution in this forum but none I read solved my problem.
My PC is an Acer Aspire M1640.
The CD drive properties in Windows Vista show it's a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM_GSA-H60N SCSI CDROM Device.
(Don't ask me what it means...)
Please excuse my bad English...
Any help would be appreciated!
Up! Nobody can help me?![]()
I checked your hardware config on the Acer Web site, looks like you have a SATA cd-rom and it could be the SATA drive booting issue.Originally Posted by ngc
One of the forum user suggests the following command can solve the issue
When the first boot screen appear, enter the cheat-code
If it is not working, try the following insteadCode:knoppix all-generic-ide irqpoll
Let us know the result. Good luckCode:linux all-generic-ide irqpoll
Rgds,
Chip
I'm sorry but your first cheatcode did not work.
Knoppix is still giving me the same error as if I hadn't entered any cheatcode...
If I type
Knoppix says it can't find the linux image. Perhaps it's related to another version of Knoppix.Code:linux all-generic-ide irqpoll

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99