-
Add HW support to 5.1.1 or replace older Xorg in 5.3.1
Hi Everyone,
I have a remastering dilemma, adding new HW support to Knoppix 5.1.1 or replace older version of Xorg in Knoppix 5.3.1.
Which one is easier?
More specifically, Knoppix 5.1.1 boots my ASUS R2H UMPC to X desktop nicely, but has not detect USB wireless device;
while Knoppix 5.3.1 detects wireless device and initiate it nicely (with zd1211rw module), but fails to bring up X-desktop. I tried very hard to manually config Xorg but no success. I think the problem is new version of Xorg in 5.3.1. By the way, both version detect graphic card correctly and use i810 drive.
I think replacing with older version of X in 5.3.1 involves lots of packages and recompile kernel. Adding a drive may be easier, still need to recompile kernel though. On the other hand, new Knoppix has better overall HW support. I am not sure which is better since I have never remastered a distribution. Before I jump in, I need your suggestion. Thank you.
yfan_ca
Similar Threads
-
By snarkyFish in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2009, 01:01 AM
-
By mustjustbe in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-11-2007, 09:43 AM
-
By dvryknopper in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-08-2007, 12:12 AM
-
By waellinux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 02:16 PM
-
By bc in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99