-
Is it possible to install Truecrypt & newer Firefox?
I am pretty new to Linux & Knoppix. I am using Knoppix 5.0 live CD (don't want to install). After much difficulty, I think I figured out how to install outside programs. However, I keep having dependency issues with various programs I try to install and, based on much web searching, it doesn't look like a quick update of packages is the answer (though I tried that in Synaptic Package Manager and many failed).
So I have finally reduced it down to this: I want Truecrypt and a later version of Firefox (1.5 is installed now) w/ my extensions on it. I think I got Truecrypt 6 installed, but when I ran it, this is what I got:
knoppix@1[knoppix]$ truecrypt
truecrypt: /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2: version `FUSE_2.6' not found (required by truecrypt)
truecrypt: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by truecrypt)
I have both of those packages / files (terminology?) in package manager and they are installed, but they are slightly older versions than the ones apparently needed by Truecrypt. And I couldn't find a place to download newer versions.
I just need Truecrypt so I can access my encrypted volumes on my Windows (FAT32) hard drive. I will go to an older version of Truecrypt or a newer version of Knoppix if it will help. Or would maybe Puppy Linux be better? I know I don't like PCLinuxOS (it's not made to be live CD anyway).
Is this a lost cause? I'm not even going to play with a newer Firefox install until I find out it's possible to do. I would so much appreciate some guidance on whether I should keep trying on Truecrypt and Firefox or just forget it. Thanks so much in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-18-2011, 01:27 AM
-
By llista in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-26-2007, 12:51 PM
-
By doesc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-14-2006, 01:16 AM
-
By newiaqua in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 11:35 AM
-
By Jack_ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Dell Inspiron 15 3250 15.6 Touch Screen Laptop Intel core I5, 8GB, 256GB SSD
$379.00

acer swift air 14
$600.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core 16-Thread 4.6GHz Max Boost, 3.8 GHz Base
$170.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Intel Xeon E-2388G 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU Processor LGA 1151 SRKMZ
$799.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98