-
Configuring the Network Card
I have a Knoppix Live CD. Last week I was giving it a try. I remember playing around with the network settings, and I eventually was able to go online and browse the Web. I wish I could remember what I did! Now, I can't get online. I use the "Configure Network Card" option and I said no to DHCP (as my ISP gives me a static IP address). I entered everything for IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Broadcast Address (I'm not sure what this is, but I entered the first three numbers of my IP address and used 255 as the fourth number -- per instructions found on the Net), and Name Server for Eth0.
It's driving me crazy! I really wish I could remember what I did last week. I do not have a router; I just use a DSL modem.
Similar Threads
-
By kckirk3 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-16-2009, 06:41 PM
-
By Fly in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-20-2007, 02:04 PM
-
By pboodi in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2006, 11:32 PM
-
By berto in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 02:03 AM
-
By johnsandidge in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD
$40.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56