-
Thanks for the reply, Harry.
Actually, I'm glad I ran into this issue. I never considered exploring the router features of my DSL modem before because I have only one PC. I merely set it up per my ISP's instructions. Also, I assumed that this device's (Zhone 6381) firewall was always on by default. Actually, I'm still pretty sure it is. When I go to sites like grc.com, even with the Windows Firewall turned off, the results are that my ports can't be detected; that is, my PC is in "stealth mode."
Well, looking at this manual:
http://www.zhone.com/support/manuals...A2-GB23-10.pdf
... it seems I can configure DHCP after all. Up until now, I have been just using the static IP address my ISP assigned me plus the other usual addresses (Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS Servers) in Windows' TCP/IP Properties. What was weird is that this seemed to work briefly under Linux, too. Anywho, I believe I can probably figure this out on my own from here on out. If not, I'll post back. Thanks, again.
Similar Threads
-
By kckirk3 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-16-2009, 06:41 PM
-
By Fly in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-20-2007, 02:04 PM
-
By pboodi in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2006, 11:32 PM
-
By berto in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 02:03 AM
-
By johnsandidge in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00