Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry" - Acer Aspi

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3

    "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry" - Acer Aspi

    Hello all,
    when Knoppix starts up it says "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell"...
    I've already checked the iso md5sum and the md5sum of all the files on the CD against the KNOPPIX\md5sums in the iso file.
    I've burnt Knoppix on a CD-R at a 4x speed.
    I looked for a solution in this forum but none I read solved my problem.
    My PC is an Acer Aspire M1640.
    The CD drive properties in Windows Vista show it's a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM_GSA-H60N SCSI CDROM Device.
    (Don't ask me what it means... )
    Please excuse my bad English...
    Any help would be appreciated!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3
    Up! Nobody can help me?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry" - Acer

    Quote Originally Posted by ngc
    Hello all,
    when Knoppix starts up it says "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell"...
    I've already checked the iso md5sum and the md5sum of all the files on the CD against the KNOPPIX\md5sums in the iso file.
    I've burnt Knoppix on a CD-R at a 4x speed.
    I looked for a solution in this forum but none I read solved my problem.
    My PC is an Acer Aspire M1640.
    The CD drive properties in Windows Vista show it's a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM_GSA-H60N SCSI CDROM Device.
    (Don't ask me what it means... )
    Please excuse my bad English...
    Any help would be appreciated!
    I checked your hardware config on the Acer Web site, looks like you have a SATA cd-rom and it could be the SATA drive booting issue.

    One of the forum user suggests the following command can solve the issue

    When the first boot screen appear, enter the cheat-code

    Code:
    knoppix all-generic-ide irqpoll
    If it is not working, try the following instead

    Code:
    linux all-generic-ide irqpoll
    Let us know the result. Good luck

    Rgds,
    Chip

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3
    I'm sorry but your first cheatcode did not work.
    Knoppix is still giving me the same error as if I hadn't entered any cheatcode...
    If I type
    Code:
    linux all-generic-ide irqpoll
    Knoppix says it can't find the linux image. Perhaps it's related to another version of Knoppix.

Similar Threads

  1. Fehlermeldung "Can't find Knoppix filesystem ..."
    By thomania in forum German Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 10:14 PM
  2. USB: "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry." Worka
    By docduke in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 03:20 PM
  3. Acer TravelMate 4654: "Cannot find KNOPPIX Filesystem&q
    By esimpson in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 03:50 AM
  4. Booting problem: "Can't find Knoppix filesystem"
    By yosibeck in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2005, 08:26 PM
  5. "Can't find Knoppix filesystem." ... "limited
    By lothario in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 08:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$295.00



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600 picture

Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600

$65.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00