Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No KDM login, no user, no security etc.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4

    No KDM login, no user, no security etc.

    I have installed the Knoppix 5.3.1 on my Dell D600. KDM is installed (I checked), but when Knoppix boots, it doesn't give me a user login (I added a user) and when I go to a terminal it says
    Code:
    knoppix@Knoppix$
    , so when I su, I get
    Code:
    root@Knoppix:/home/knoppix#
    without having to give a password. How do I get rid of the defaults for the live DVD, so I can have a bit of security? This is a laptop which I intend to use on vacations and business trips, so when I hook up to wireless, it would be wide open to the public if it's default . Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4
    There seems to be no responses to a lot of questions, so I'm guessing that this forum is not active .... thanks

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    i just missed you, i and a few others are active, sudo passwd root should work.

Similar Threads

  1. recover automatic login as Knoppix user
    By trubadix in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 07:46 PM
  2. X login screen loops - Only one user shows
    By swiftnewzealand in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 08:03 PM
  3. What to reinstall and how? User can't get past Login.
    By JPsDad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 12:23 AM
  4. Did an upgrade and changed to GDM now user can't login.
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 10:14 AM
  5. login problem for user accounts other than root
    By knoppix-noob in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 09:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$385.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00