-
No KDM login, no user, no security etc.
I have installed the Knoppix 5.3.1 on my Dell D600. KDM is installed (I checked), but when Knoppix boots, it doesn't give me a user login (I added a user) and when I go to a terminal it says , so when I su, I get
Code:
root@Knoppix:/home/knoppix#
without having to give a password. How do I get rid of the defaults for the live DVD, so I can have a bit of security? This is a laptop which I intend to use on vacations and business trips, so when I hook up to wireless, it would be wide open to the public if it's default . Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By trubadix in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2007, 07:46 PM
-
By swiftnewzealand in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 08:03 PM
-
By JPsDad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 12:23 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 10:14 AM
-
By knoppix-noob in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SK Hynix 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4-2400 ECC RDIMM Server RAM HMA84GR7AFR4N-UH Tested
$235.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55