If you click the hdd icon the disc gets mounted. Then just right click the same icon and select "change read/write mode".
Look, I know this has been asked an answered, but I just can't find it or come up with useful search results.
WHat I want to do is boot knoppix from CD and have the harddrives be writable, that's all. Is this possible without a remaster? If so, how, a link will suffice as I'm sure this is an old subject
If you click the hdd icon the disc gets mounted. Then just right click the same icon and select "change read/write mode".

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99