-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: How to use download mirror data

Originally Posted by
docjerry
.... The only firewall on this computer is from the router, and I'm told they are pretty good. I did notice that uploads were occurring during my download, although by the time I shut down my computer only about 1.5 gigs had been uploaded vs 4.14 gigs downloaded. I didn't see anything in the Bittorrent FAQ's about configuring router firewalls. That seems like a whole new area of expertise!
Wow, I had assumed that you had indeed configured your router (both because I had tried to stress how important it was previously and because I didn't expect that you would get the file in anywhere near 14 hours without configuring the router. I guess you got lucky, most likely because there are currently so many more seeders compared to downloaders. But you'll want to configure it for best performance and certainly if you try to download other things or if you try to get a newer version of Knoppix that has fewer seeders or more downloaders. I'm not going to write up a whole tutorial on this subject, there are plenty already. You just need to forward the ports that you will use to get to the proper computer on the local side of the network. I suggest that you do a Google search on the terms bittorrent router configure and read a few of the things that float to the top. I'll try to answer questions if needed.
Similar Threads
-
By gallas in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-29-2010, 01:32 AM
-
By Ryutso in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-26-2010, 04:41 PM
-
By clopos in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2004, 02:48 AM
-
By tivadarpreiss in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 01:32 PM
-
By Deadmeat in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 03:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Intel Core i9-13900K Processor (5.8 GHz, 24 Cores, LGA 1700)
$320.00

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Processor (3.9GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4) Boxed -...
$95.00

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95