-
How to do this at boot prompt
Hi guys,
I am trying to boot Knoppix 5.3.1 Live CD on an old laptop. Long story short, it has the wrong resolution (640x480 instead of 1024x768.)
USing screen=1024x768 does nothing, after using several other switches (including fb, vsync, hsync etc. etc.) all I managed was to get it to move it to the top left instead of the centre, although prior to X windows system being loaded, it acknowledged modes of 1024x768, 800x600, 640x480. (It does not acknowledge any mode other than 640x480 if I boot with default.)
Anyway, so I decided to boot using expert, and I CAN get it to work perfectly in expert. However, I don't want to use expert mode each and every time I boot, and I can't see what switches I'm missing. So...here is what I did in expert. Can someone tell me what to type at boot prompt to get the equivalent?
Expert mode Q&A:
SCSI? n
Additional modules? n
Keyboard? n
Sound? n
Mouse? n
Graphics? y
- too many options to list, if I do not state it, I left it as default
- X server driver trident
- Use framebuffer
- keyboard us
- Unchecked 640x480, 800x600 under available resolutions (leaving 1024x768 only)
- Horizontal synx 28-75
- Vertical Sync 43-60
- colour depth 16
If I choose these options, X loads up fine as does KDE (with a full complete screen.) Using various switches at boot mode, I cannot achieve this.
Can someone help me out by tell me what I should type at boot? I don't want to go through expert each and every time. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By joekrahn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2009, 05:16 PM
-
By adamwest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-18-2006, 06:56 PM
-
By abbynormal in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 03:24 AM
-
By markraem in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 09:51 PM
-
By erp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 02:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00
$279.00

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00