Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: ISDN does not work

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    8

    ISDN does not work

    Hi all,

    I do not succeed in configuring ISDN with Knoppix 3.2. It does work under my SuSE 8.0.

    I can see my ISDN-Card with cat /proc/pci.
    When I use 'configure ISDN' I get the Red Hat ISDN configurator: I choose my card (ASUS COM ISDNlink), and set the IRQ and the IO as I saw it in /proc/pci. Then I create my provider entry, fill in everything I know, and activate it. However, as soon as I do that, the button 'connect' is greyed out.

    When I look into 'dmesg', I see the the hisax module is thrown out, exactly at that moment. If I issue 'modprobe hisax' it is loaded again, I can press the button 'connect', however it immediately returns the error that it cannot connect to the provider (it is so fast it seems that it even did not try to dial...).

    When I look again in dmesg, I see the following:

    CSLIP: code copyright 1989 Regents of the University of California
    ISDN subsystem Rev: 1.1.4.1/1.1.4.1/1.1.4.1/1.1.4.1/1.1.4.1/1.1.4.1 loaded
    HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards
    HiSax: Version 3.5 (module)
    HiSax: Layer1 Revision 1.1.4.1
    HiSax: Layer2 Revision 1.1.4.1
    HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 1.1.4.1
    HiSax: Layer3 Revision 1.1.4.1
    HiSax: LinkLayer Revision 1.1.4.1
    HiSax: Total 1 card defined
    HiSax: Card 1 Protocol EDSS1 Id=HiSax (0)
    HiSax: Asuscom ISDNLink driver Rev. 1.1.4.1
    ISDNLink: defined at 0xec00 IRQ 11
    ISDNLink: ISAC version ( 8 ): 2086/2186 V1.1
    ISDNLink: HSCX version A: A1 B: A1
    ISDNLink: wrong HSCX versions check IO address
    HiSax: Card ISDNLink not installed !
    ISDN-subsystem unloaded

    However my IO address is exactly as I saw it under /proc/pci, and also exactly as it works under SuSE. What is going wrong?

    GdB

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3

    Re: ISDN does not work

    Quote Originally Posted by GdB
    Hi all,

    I can press the button 'connect', however it immediately returns the error that it cannot connect to the provider (it is so fast it seems that it even did not try to dial...).

    GdB
    I have exactly the same problem with Asuscom P-IN100.Some advices?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Hei GdB

    Sorry I can't help you with the problem you have with the Asus card, but would like you to know that the Billion HFC-PCI card sets up effortlessly with isdn-config..

    regards

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    8
    Hi Cintra/Boombastic,

    Sorry, I totally forgot this thread (look at it, my last posting is one year old!)

    I solved the problem: because it is a PCI card is was automatically configured, but for some reason with the wrong type. So what I did is throwing out the hisax module, and load it again with the right parameter:

    rmmod hisax
    modprobe hisax type=35
    modprobe isdn
    /etc/init.d/isdn start

    Then dial and go...

    Be sure you take the right type!

    HTH,

    GdB

Similar Threads

  1. 3.8.1: AVM ISDN PCI does not work
    By Antarctica in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 10:36 AM
  2. ISDN-USb Modem
    By anarchill in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 02:12 PM
  3. fax isdn Fritz!PCI
    By lutzweber in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 01:31 PM
  4. ISDN menagement
    By jackren in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 12:15 AM
  5. Red Hat ISDN Config
    By kpin in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 11:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2620 64GB RAM 10GbE picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2620 64GB RAM 10GbE

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF picture

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF

$215.00