-
Autostarting my Wireless connection
OK, I'm not a complete newbie to Linux. I have used other distros and have gotten tired of having a really great system one day, doing an upgrade and having to reconfigure everything over again. So as not to totally hose up my Toshiba Satellite A135 laptop, I decided to go with knoppix on a Sandisk MicroCruzer 8gb thumbdrive. It is all running and my persistent home directory seems to be working but one thing I'm not finding is how to automagically get my wireless connection to start when I boot up in to knoppix. The wireless works great but everytime I boot up I have to activate it by going into the Network setup or check.
I am not familiar with writing executable scripts for the Autostart in KDE so if that is the suggestion I will need a tutorial on how to write one and make it executable.
If anyone can or will help I would greatly appreciate it.
On a side note I would like to say that I think Knoppix is the king of live distros. This distro has been the easiest to set up and get operating quickly. I could seriously use this as my mainstream OS. But I'll hold that until I have to upgrade.
Thanks for any and all help anyone can offer.
Regards,
Tom
Similar Threads
-
By z3rgl1ng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-11-2006, 12:08 PM
-
By mimi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-02-2005, 03:24 PM
-
By drakkar in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 12:39 PM
-
By PrOmETeO in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 07:44 PM
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Dell Wyse 5070 Thin Client Pentium J5005 8GB RAM 128GB SSD w/Power Win 10 LTSC
$62.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666MHz (8 X 2) (Black) - 2 Sticks
$60.00

Micron and SK hynix RAM 56GB (4x8GB) (2x4GB) see description
$135.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00