Please see answer # 7.
Please help, I'm trying to install vlc but I can't figure it out. I go to the debian download page on their site
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-debian.html
But theirs no download link all there is.
deb http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sid main
deb-src http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sid main
I'm running knoppix off of a usb drive, how do I install vlc?[/url]
Please see answer # 7.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
The only reason I ask is because when looking I find people saying add apt-get or something to your sources.list none of this is clear to me, I found I a source.list file and opened it in a text editor, added the lines, but it wouldn't let me save the file. Now instead of being upset that their is someone knew to something and just pointing him to the rules, how abut some points me toward a clear guide?
Please see answer # 7.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
You need to edit your sources list as the root user, then run
apt-get upgrade ( as root as well )
then you should be able to 'apt-get install vlc'
Thank you eadz. I'll try it.
No luck, I used sudo su in the terminal to be the root user. Then used apt-get update, after that apt-get install vlc. It downloaded a bunch of stuff, and began to install stuff, the wallpaper went black, and alittle after that, the terminal closed. What did I do wrong?

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 4.7 GHz - Socket AM5
$375.00
LOT OF 8 Mixed Model Intel i9-9900K, i7-11700, i7-10500T, i5-14500T, i7-8700
$1250.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i5-7500 SR335 3.4GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 CPU PROCESSOR
$14.99
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
LOT OF 12 Intel Core i5 Desktop CPU •6x 7500 6x 6500 •LGA1151 H4 SR2L6 SR335
$129.00
LOT OF 14 Intel Core i5 Desktop CPU •7x 6400 7x 6500 •LGA1151 H4 SR2L7 SR2L6
$139.00