-
Copying & pasting files
Hi I'm having a bit of a problem.
My OS is Vista, I'm using a Knoppix live cd for recovery purposes.
After a reg edit to my tcpip.sys file my computer no longer boots, and disabling device signing just results in a blue screen. I did make a backup of the file before I changed it but now when I load up Knoppix and try to move the original file back into place it says that it cannot do that. I can not delete or rename the file either. I have full read write priviliges as far as I can see but I'm still unable.
the system pathh is C:\Windows\System32\drivers
Is there a way I can gain control of the file delete it, and place the original back in place?
My HDD is a motherboard raid 0 using NTFS.
I'm sorry for asking this, while I know lots about windows and how to do almost anything I want there I have absolutely no experience using Linux.
Similar Threads
-
By marine76 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2008, 05:31 PM
-
By HappyDays in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-26-2005, 06:29 AM
-
By xtinktor in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 07:40 PM
-
By FireStorm in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 11:24 PM
-
By gsx8o in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 07:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00