-
Copying & pasting files
Hi I'm having a bit of a problem.
My OS is Vista, I'm using a Knoppix live cd for recovery purposes.
After a reg edit to my tcpip.sys file my computer no longer boots, and disabling device signing just results in a blue screen. I did make a backup of the file before I changed it but now when I load up Knoppix and try to move the original file back into place it says that it cannot do that. I can not delete or rename the file either. I have full read write priviliges as far as I can see but I'm still unable.
the system pathh is C:\Windows\System32\drivers
Is there a way I can gain control of the file delete it, and place the original back in place?
My HDD is a motherboard raid 0 using NTFS.
I'm sorry for asking this, while I know lots about windows and how to do almost anything I want there I have absolutely no experience using Linux.
Similar Threads
-
By marine76 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2008, 05:31 PM
-
By HappyDays in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-26-2005, 06:29 AM
-
By xtinktor in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 07:40 PM
-
By FireStorm in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 11:24 PM
-
By gsx8o in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 07:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

PNY Optima SSD Series 240GB SATA III 6 Gb/s Solid State Drive
$39.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$123.90