-
Mounting internal hard drive
When I brought my computer to work the network tried to reformat it with the work image. I stopped it but I can't boot my computer up anymore. I want to try and run a knoppix cd and mount the internal drive and an external drive and recover my stuff and then either reinstall windows or linux or whatever.
I've read a few forums and joined some email lists but I want to know exactly how to mount the drives. Do I just put the cd in, tell my computer to boot from the cd and that is it? Do I need to know any hardcore programming or anything specific?
Does anyone have any advice? I'm nervous about doing this because I don't want to lose my data so anything anyone could tell me would be greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By bagmonkey in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2008, 04:50 AM
-
By savagemania in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-07-2007, 04:23 AM
-
By hadeschild in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 03:55 AM
-
By coffee_monster in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-18-2005, 01:58 PM
-
By jdtommy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99

Samsung 860 Pro 256GB V-NAND SATA Solid State Drive SSD MZ-76P256 MZ7KH256HAHQ
$49.95