Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mouse is not working with Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1

    Mouse is not working with Knoppix

    Hello, I am trying to move files from my old WD 320 to new Seagate 500GB. My WD 320 is corrupted.

    I am new to Kno[ppix and Linux.

    I have to boot in failsafe mode, if I dont Knoppix hangs on Probing/Loading AGP modules.

    WHat can I do?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I hardly have enough information to say why you can't boot without failsafe. In general if failsafe works and normal booting does not, you need to determine what "cheat codes" you need to get Knoppix to boot properly. The nature of the boot failure and what you are doing differently in failsafe would be helpful. I suggest reading the cheat codes text file that comes with a torrent download, and or read the wiki section on cheat codes.

    I'm not clear on what you think you are doing transferring files to the new drive. Can Knoppix even see the files on the old drive? How is the new drive formatted? If it's NTFS I very strongly suggest that you do not write to it at all with Knoppix.

    In general I suggest that people do file recovery with Knoppix by installing a FTP server to another computer, then transfer the files (assuming that they can open the old drive partition)s) with Knoppix using Konquror as the FTP client across a network. In your case, since you seem to have a new and empty drive, I would suggest first trying installing Windows back on the new drive, then install the old drive and see if Windows can open the old drive and copy the files over to the new drive. Obviously you now have found that Windows can't safely maintain a NTFS partition either, but it has a better chance at it than Knoppix. If yYour new Windows install can't open the old drive partitions then you might need to fall back to my transfer across a network suggestion.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. PS/2 Mouse not working
    By lkraemer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 08:34 AM
  2. mouse is not working! please help me!
    By LauraS in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 07:31 PM
  3. mouse isn't working
    By genaro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 05:45 PM
  4. Knoppix 3.4 mouse not working
    By looney_wolf in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2004, 11:27 PM
  5. usb mouse not working
    By dek in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested) picture

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)

$39.00



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99