-
Can't Boot after Probing/Loading AGP modules on Intel D945G
Hello All...
I'm having some problems getting Knoppix to boot properly.
Recently I upgraded my motherboard and processor and Knoppix no longer works for me. The disc ( it is copied to a USB ) still works on the other PCs in the house, just not my newest motherboard.
Here are the specs of my PC before the upgrade:
Intel D201GLY2
Intel Celeron processor 220 with a 533 MHZ system Bus
Intel chipset * SiS* SiS662 Northbridge
* SiS* SiS964 Southbridge
1 GB DDR2
Integrated SiS Mirage* 1 graphic engine
For More Information follow this linkhttp://www.intel.com/Products/Deskto...2-overview.htm
I changed the motherboard and processor for:
Intel D945GCLF
Intel Atom processor 230 with a 533 MHZ system Bus
Intel 945GC and ICH7
for more Information follow this link http://www.intel.com/Products/Deskto...F-overview.htm
The Knoppix CD (it is a USB, version KNOPPIX_V5.1.1CD-2007-01-04-EN) is good. I have booted it off of other PCs, and even booted it off this same system prior to the motherboard swap.
I suspect there's some kind of incompatability with the chipset, as I see others having similar problems. Hopefully someone has some experience in this area. It's newer, but fairly standard, popular hardware, so I'm hopping it's supported!
Booting is stop after Probing/Loading AGP Modules....
I want to boot automatically ( No cheat code please ) without any cheat code
If cheat code only the solution then how to automate that also.....
Thanks in advance..!!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
I would try booting knoppix 5.3.1. It won't fit on a small usb thumb drive, so try it from dvd first. If it works, then you have 2 choices.
Remaster or a large enough thumb drive.
-
Senior Member
registered user
After going back and forth in private messages... noagp allowed Knoppix 5.1.1 to boot on this board.
Intel Atom cpu... model 230 with x86-64 instruction set...
bug closed
Similar Threads
-
By coltrane4 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 10-07-2006, 09:42 PM
-
By s-r-b in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2006, 03:52 PM
-
By soumya in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 08:09 AM
-
By gildedlink in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 10:11 PM
-
By gus in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Vintage Apple Mac OS X 10.1 Puma Upgrade CD Box M8621LL/A (2001) Factory Sealed
$22.00

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage 90s Mac & PC Software CD Lot of 14 Apple Macworld AOL Mac OS 8 3 Sealed
$35.99

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

Vintage Mac System 7 Personal Upgrade Kit Apple Software 3.5” Floppy 1991 NEW
$142.45

NEW Vintage Apple Mac OS System 7 Icons Poker Hoyle Playing Cards SEALED
$189.95