Hi there,
As many other folks here, I'm new to Knoppix (using Knoppix 5). I want to use it wirelessly so I pushed the 3Com OfficeConnect 11g USB adapter into my USB. I entered the Konsole and typed "network-setup". From there, I chosed "Wireless LAN configuration" and the eth1 device (eth0 does not work at all). Answering "No" to the DHCP question, the program asks me for many configuration details. From using this stick with windows I know only 3 details: The IP address, the mask and the default gateway. In all the other questions I just clicked OK leaving empty (default) values. Then, I enter the KWiFiManager and I see that I'm connected to the wireless network (!) and I can even see the other wireless networks as well. The only problem is that I'm not connected to the internet. Opening firefox or typing "ping www.google.com" shows me that there is not internet connection. Even pinging to the default gateway's IP address doesn't work.
What should I do now? Why it is happenning?
Thank you all.

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$218.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50