-
Junior Member
registered user
$HOME directory (/home/knoppix) is out of disk space
this is a PDI - install (now on 5.3.1, carried over from 3, 4.0.2, 5.0.1) and very usefull (text/web, nothing fancy) for some years
usual problem firefox/iceweasel crawling to a stop or suddenly quitting, needing a reboot.
but since restore session-option not a problem, so I lately discovered a CTRL ALT BACKSPACE to just restart knoppix which worked fine.
2 days ago, I needed a reboot though and suddenly ran into (on the splash screen, first step):
The following installation problem was detected when trying to start KDE
$HOME directory (/home/knoppix) is out of disk space
KDE is unable to start
after clicking OK (which it was not of course) I got:
Couldn't start ksmserver. Check your installation
which led to:
Not enough memory to start kde!
(At least 82 MB required
Using TWM windowmanager instead
etc
a reboot didn't solve it, the Live-CD worked fine.
then using 4.0.2 was OK, everything worked.
then I tried 5.3.1 again and that is up and running now, but because I don't know what will happen when iceweasel crawls to a stop or suddenly quits again and a restart/reboot wil be necessary I quickly searched/scanned for an answer on how to solve this (as a relative newcomer).
since I didn't find anything usefull yet, I opened this new topic.
when I look at the size of /home now, it has only 1% free (6 MB out of 484.2 MB) which is very ominous.
I hope this is enough info for some helpfull tips/solutions?
1000 thx in advance
Similar Threads
-
By alexak in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-02-2009, 02:51 AM
-
By bucodi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
-
By ahfoo in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 06:33 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:09 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H
$144.99

HP ProLiant BL660C Gen8 Server Blade 2x Xeon E5-4650L 2.60Ghz w/ 32GB DDR3, QTY
$189.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99