-
Help configuring wireless using 3Com OfficeConnect stick
Hi there,
As many other folks here, I'm new to Knoppix (using Knoppix 5). I want to use it wirelessly so I pushed the 3Com OfficeConnect 11g USB adapter into my USB. I entered the Konsole and typed "network-setup". From there, I chosed "Wireless LAN configuration" and the eth1 device (eth0 does not work at all). Answering "No" to the DHCP question, the program asks me for many configuration details. From using this stick with windows I know only 3 details: The IP address, the mask and the default gateway. In all the other questions I just clicked OK leaving empty (default) values. Then, I enter the KWiFiManager and I see that I'm connected to the wireless network (!) and I can even see the other wireless networks as well. The only problem is that I'm not connected to the internet. Opening firefox or typing "ping www.google.com" shows me that there is not internet connection. Even pinging to the default gateway's IP address doesn't work.
What should I do now? Why it is happenning?
Thank you all.
Similar Threads
-
By regloh in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 12:38 PM
-
By Stiggy in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 03:23 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 07:55 AM
-
By HedRat in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-03-2003, 03:29 AM
-
By pvdbor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 03:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Macintosh Compuserve Version 1 Membership Kit PC Magazine Mac New Sealed
$999.99

Vintage Apple IIgs 3.5” & 5.25” Floppy Disk Drives A9M0106 A9M0107 Untested
$115.00

Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Vintage Computer - Not Working parts
$89.95

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72