-
Keyboard no work after login
Hi
The keyboard on my Dell CPi went out last night when I was using the vimtutor. I have had several keyboards go bad in the past running Linux distros. The laptop was not hot. I rebooted, and was able to login from the keyboard, but was not able to use the keyboard after that. I could click on icons. I also plugged in an external keyboard with the same results (not USB). I have Knoppix installed on the HDD.
I put a HDD that has DSL on it, and I could type w/the keyboard. I booted the knoppix 5.1.1 CD and could use the keyboard.
I put the HDD that has the Debian/Knoppix 5.1.1 distro back in the laptop. I could login using the keyboard, but could not type anything bringing up "Console" from the icon or using any text editor. I then brought up the tty3 terminal using F3 and was able to use the keyboard to enter text into it. I am thinking that some key combination in vimtutor caused the keyboard problem.
I started to look at configuration files to see if I could find anything keyboard related:
/etc/modules/
cat module.conf
Where do I look to see how the keyboard is configured? Once I know what that file is, I plan to boot the CD to see what that file should be like.
Similar Threads
-
By rduke15 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-10-2005, 10:48 AM
-
By kaplan71 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2005, 09:07 PM
-
By majo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 01:32 PM
-
By gtp1964 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 05:53 PM
-
By Coume in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 07:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

HP EliteBook 840 G5 Laptop Intel Core i5 7200U 8GB RAM – No HDD
$64.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00