I would like to run VMWare server (version 1.0.4) under Knoppix DVD 5.3.1 EN.
The trick is, of course, getting the module compiled, since there is no pre-compiled module for Knoppix.
I have managed to do this in the past. I think it was in 5.1 CD - and I think I had to download kernel sources from somewhere and do a bit of futzing around to get it to work, but I did get it to work. However, I can't remember all the details now.
Has someone gotten this to work? If so, providing me with the pre-compiled module would be great, of course, or else instructions on what it takes to get it to work.
Note: For clarification: When I do the install, the module compile fails with a bunch of C syntax errors.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive
$349.99
Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$70.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$58.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99