Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: error messages

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5

    error messages

    getting this error:
    /home/dai/.zAppRun: line 132: /tmp/app//wrapper: No such file or directory
    I'm using ubuntu 8.0.4 hardy heron.
    any help would be appreciated guys.



    thanks in advance
    Dai

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    I found some stuff on this (I have used Ubuntu Heron myself, and this should probably have been posted in the lounge) - anyway, .zapprun is a small script which is part of Klik, along with .klik. I assume that you installed Klik, since it does not come with Ubuntu by default (it comes as part of Super Ubuntu). Can you tell me if you used Synaptic or apt-get to install Klik?

    That would help.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    I also forgot that you should be more precise with your subject than 'error messages'. The more info you pack into your subject, the more likely someone will click on it with a solution.

    Also, what timezone are you? I'm Eastern Standard myself, and have a few more hours today. I swear that one day we should all post our tz in our tags.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by ndb
    I also forgot that you should be more precise with your subject than 'error messages'. The more info you pack into your subject, the more likely someone will click on it with a solution.

    Also, what timezone are you? I'm Eastern Standard myself, and have a few more hours today. I swear that one day we should all post our tz in our tags.
    I used this method to install klik
    wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh (ALT + F2)

    error is:
    /tmp/app/1/wrapper: line 93: kdialog: command not found
    for nero
    but klik skype seems to run ok first time it gets booted but I get similar error to above after closing it and then trying to reboot.

    Look in in my home folder and .klik and .zAppRun are there so not sure what the problem is

    gmt time zone

    update thunderbird works ok as well but can't even down load scribus or some of the other programes

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    I looked at the Ubuntu forum, http://ubuntuforums.org, and I found a suggestion to install the 'kdebase-bin' package. This should get kdialog for you. Give it a shot and keep me posted.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by ndb
    I looked at the Ubuntu forum, http://ubuntuforums.org, and I found a suggestion to install the 'kdebase-bin' package. This should get kdialog for you. Give it a shot and keep me posted.
    nope that has not worked.

    any more ideas as this looks like something worth having.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    Can you tell me what did happen? Did you get an error message on installation, or a different or the same error message when trying to run klik? Also, you might try rebooting your machine, if you hadn't.

    I'm offline for the remainder of the night, as I hope to install Ubuntu Ibex.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by ndb
    Can you tell me what did happen? Did you get an error message on installation, or a different or the same error message when trying to run klik? Also, you might try rebooting your machine, if you hadn't.

    I'm offline for the remainder of the night, as I hope to install Ubuntu Ibex.
    I'm now getting this error message:
    kbuildsycoca running...
    Reusing existing ksycoca
    DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.

    working klik apps:
    Thunderbird
    Skype
    Wengophone
    Realplyer10

    Not working klik apps:
    Firefox
    Jahshaka
    Nero
    Opera
    PDFEdit
    Scribus

    The funny thing is some of the working apps fail after trying to open the non working ones a few times giving the same error messages as before.
    (/tmp/app/7/wrapper: 5: /tmp/app/7/usr/bin/opera: not found)

    (kbuildsycoca running...
    Reusing existing ksycoca
    kbuildsycoca running...
    Reusing existing ksycoca
    kbuildsycoca running...
    Reusing existing ksycoca
    kbuildsycoca running...
    Reusing existing ksycoca)

Similar Threads

  1. Error Messages
    By sloanezilla in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 09:41 PM
  2. Error messages with HD-install
    By babelbrennt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 11:00 PM
  3. SSH Error Messages
    By sakiZ in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 02:28 AM
  4. 2 error messages
    By Xeogears13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 02:27 AM
  5. Printing Error messages
    By rdorsch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$89.99



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$246.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00