-
Samba Sharing?
I'm trying to use Knoppix to recover some files from a dead install of Windows XP. All my partitions are formatted in NTFS, so I can't just move my files off the OS partition because all of them are read-only in Knoppix (supposedly I can write to them, but people apparently don't recommend it). My roommate has a server running Ubuntu with 2 drives that have plenty of space shared through Samba, but I can't seem to get at them. When I try to browse to them using the browse for the "Open Location" menu in Konqueror, I look under "Samba Shares" and I find Workgroup (which is what it's in, I could access them fine from Windows), but Workgroup times out when I try to access it.
What can I do to try to connect to these drives, keeping in mind I know almost nothing about LInux? Sorry if this should be in the Networking section...
Similar Threads
-
By andrewwan1980 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-06-2008, 04:47 AM
-
By Daddymac117 in forum Networking
Replies: 15
Last Post: 06-29-2007, 05:05 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 08:22 PM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By adamm in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive Cleaning Kit Lot (1 Scotch 3M + 1 Verbatim) NOS
$49.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces
$85.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite Laptop T1910CS With Adapter, Mouse, Manual-Parts Only
$150.00

Vintage ACS CompactFlash CF to 40-Pin IDE Drive Adapter Board ACS-CF-1LVT805A
$16.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59