Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Troubleshooting cloop probs

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139

    Troubleshooting cloop probs

    On my server that serves my knoppix image, I've noticed recently that with newer versions of knoppix, I get cloop errors in the background on the clients until they eventually crash. Running the straight iso works fine though.

    I'm not even sure that this is a knoppix problem or not. I've tried different network cards, booting from PXE, booting from etherboot. Sometimes it seems to boot ok, but files are missing.

    Since the cloop stuff is included in the image that downloads, I don't think it would really matter about the server...

    I have not heard of anyone but myself making a knoppix boot server (as previously mentioned in my how-to posting) So if anyone else has done this, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    cloop is a pretty quick hack which may not work very good over the net(or some other file system), I assume you somehow nfs mount and cloop on a file on remote.

    In fact, it doesn't work even for local NTFS fs 1.x.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ighlight=tftpd

    This is the method that I use.

    Redhat 7.3 for the guts behind it, the iso is mounted as /cdrom and shared. The tftboot is copied locally and shared.

    I use dhcpd v3 for the ip assignment as shown above.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:12 AM
  2. Nessus-Update-Plugins Troubleshooting (Hard Disk Install)
    By velvet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 05:07 PM
  3. cloop : unable to get major 240 for cloop
    By psirac in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:22 PM
  4. Hacking & Forensic Software for Troubleshooting
    By reecegeorge in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 10:50 PM
  5. (La)TeX-probs
    By jochen in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1785.15



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 8th Gen: Core i7-10510U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, WIn 11 Pro picture

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 8th Gen: Core i7-10510U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, WIn 11 Pro

$299.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$349.48



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$475.60



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$15.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



APPLE MacBook Pro A2485 2021 16

APPLE MacBook Pro A2485 2021 16" M1 Pro 32GB 1TB SSD Gray Tahoe -Good

$899.99



HP ENVY x360 15 (15m-cp0) Pre-Owned Ryzen 7 2700U 32GB 1TB SSD Radeon RX picture

HP ENVY x360 15 (15m-cp0) Pre-Owned Ryzen 7 2700U 32GB 1TB SSD Radeon RX

$349.00