Hi
The keyboard on my Dell CPi went out last night when I was using the vimtutor. I have had several keyboards go bad in the past running Linux distros. The laptop was not hot. I rebooted, and was able to login from the keyboard, but was not able to use the keyboard after that. I could click on icons. I also plugged in an external keyboard with the same results (not USB). I have Knoppix installed on the HDD.
I put a HDD that has DSL on it, and I could type w/the keyboard. I booted the knoppix 5.1.1 CD and could use the keyboard.
I put the HDD that has the Debian/Knoppix 5.1.1 distro back in the laptop. I could login using the keyboard, but could not type anything bringing up "Console" from the icon or using any text editor. I then brought up the tty3 terminal using F3 and was able to use the keyboard to enter text into it. I am thinking that some key combination in vimtutor caused the keyboard problem.
I started to look at configuration files to see if I could find anything keyboard related:
/etc/modules/
cat module.conf
Where do I look to see how the keyboard is configured? Once I know what that file is, I plan to boot the CD to see what that file should be like.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE
$65.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box
$74.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00