Hi
The keyboard on my Dell CPi went out last night when I was using the vimtutor. I have had several keyboards go bad in the past running Linux distros. The laptop was not hot. I rebooted, and was able to login from the keyboard, but was not able to use the keyboard after that. I could click on icons. I also plugged in an external keyboard with the same results (not USB). I have Knoppix installed on the HDD.
I put a HDD that has DSL on it, and I could type w/the keyboard. I booted the knoppix 5.1.1 CD and could use the keyboard.
I put the HDD that has the Debian/Knoppix 5.1.1 distro back in the laptop. I could login using the keyboard, but could not type anything bringing up "Console" from the icon or using any text editor. I then brought up the tty3 terminal using F3 and was able to use the keyboard to enter text into it. I am thinking that some key combination in vimtutor caused the keyboard problem.
I started to look at configuration files to see if I could find anything keyboard related:
/etc/modules/
cat module.conf
Where do I look to see how the keyboard is configured? Once I know what that file is, I plan to boot the CD to see what that file should be like.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$221.00